● $BlogItemTitle$> @ Tuesday, July 21, 2009 ●
Well well. It feels like years since i’ve last blogged in this blog. Hmm… let me give you guys a summary on my activities these days.
My boss has just informed me that they are willing to extend my job contract to 21AUG as per my request. It was originally due to end by the month end of July. I was delighted by the fulfillment of my request. But later in the afternoon, my smaller boss told me that our business is doing very badly these days. But strangely, I am still occupied enough. But for most of the time, I am feeling pretty cool. I can’t swing my leg so much, but it looks like I can at least shake my leg. I’m contentd.
Scary as it might sound, it is true. I am currently having a full-time job, 3 part-time jobs and one volunteering job since the month of June. My full-time job will end by 21st Aug which will end just in time for my school to start on the 31st aug which is incidentally my birthday. The 3 part-time jobs that I have are my 2 tuition students and my Living Pharmacy job at West Coast Plaza.
I am currently tutoring one Pri 5 science student and one Secondary 4 N.A student combined Bio-Chem and E.M. I see the sec 4 student twice a week and the P5 boy once a week. And I work in the pharmacy once a week- on Sundays. In short, I am working 5 days a week right now in the company that I love as a full-time job with a regular working hours.
I joined the Young PAP at Bishan as one of my friends had invited me to join. I don’t think I would ever join a constituency that far away from my house if I don’t know anyone there. One of the activities that we’re helping out in is in the meet-people-session every Tue. Anyone keen to join? In here, we help the citizens who need the MP help to resolve the problems e.g. housing loans, homeless, jobless, etc. How can we contribute our help? All that we need to do is to just help them write a letter with the information given by them.
I find such volunteer job more exciting and brain-stimulating than helping out at the old folks home or doing fund raising. Don’t you think so? I feel very satisfied with myself after each session and I always feel a sense of accomplishment each time I have successfully written a letter for the individual. It’s not easy to write a letter on their behalf as you need to crack your brain to think of how to write a letter that will aid in their problem and most importantly, to be able to write a succinct one. It might be difficult initially, but you will get a chance to learn how to! And besides, it is precisely because this job is slightly challenging that makes this volunteer job more fun! (:
-----------------------------------------
Here’s a review of a typical week of mine. On Mondays, I will tutor the P5 boy after work. On Tuesdays, I will go for my volunteering job. On Wednesdays, I am FREE after work!! *Jump jump*. On Thursdays I will tutor the sec 4 girl after work, on Friday, NO work can ever touch me after working hours. and on Saturdays, I see the sec 4 girl in the early afternoon and I can hang out with my girlfriends after my tuition! And on Sundays, I will have my Living Pharmacy job!
Allow myself to clarify. It is not that I am in desperate need of money to survive, but it is by chance that I was offered these jobs. I found this pharmacy job before I got my full-time job. At that time when I accepted it, I was jobless. So I was working for 2 jobs for 2 months from late Mar till end of May. In late May I contacted about 4 tuition agencies, thiking that they will take months to find me a tuition student. Never did I know, that it only took them a week to find one for me! To my surprise, I accepted 2 tuiton students within the same day from 2 separate agencies. I had to even turn down 2 students. Thus if you say you have difficulty finding job, I am sorry to say that I find this hard to believe.
Meanwhile, apart from my busy working life, I am also in the midst of creating my own perfume blog shop! I know of a perfume cum bag distributor who can charge me at veryy low rates! Anyone keen in buying perfume from me? I only sell authentic and branded perfume! (: I will announce to all of you when my blog shop is done! I aim to complete it by the end of this month.
Apart from my perfume blog shop business, I also created another blog! It is a venue where I put my opinions about the life around us, into a blog. That blog is less personal; unlike this blog. But the main difference of that blog is that I am also inviting my friends to join in to have their own say too! So meaning to say, that blog will have more than 1 author. Currently, there are already 3 authors in that blog- MIngyan, Yingli and myself! Check us out at www.fullofwords.wordpress.com. It is newly created so don’t expect too much from it!
Hmm.. well I guess you can tell that I am currently having a pretty busy lifestyle. As a result, I feel that I have less time for my best friends. I feel that I don’t have enough time for myself to read a book or so, needless to say to spend more time with my friends! Despite that, I feel that feel that friends are still more important than self so I ought to be spending more time with them! But I am just to tired everyday with my life. How can I have time for all of them! Right now, I have 2 friends in trouble, 2 very happy friends- ming ming and ton-ton and 2 neutral friends who are simply contented with their life.
Even though I am so busy, I still feel that it is important for me to catch up with them once in a while to check how they’re doing! It’s important to make our close ones feel important and cherished! And that is my personal aim. None of my friends should feel neglected! Cheese! Lol. (:
Savour Every Moment