● $BlogItemTitle$> @ Tuesday, February 10, 2009 ●
AHEM. i know i post it today- 10th feb. but this entry was typed a long time ago.. this entry is about my CNY week. hope u can enjoy the long read. haha.. but there are pics! lalala.. (:
Hohohohoho.. I am here again!! Lalala.. it’s a Thursday of the first week of the Chinese New Year! I had a very good one! and yes. I am bak to work today! On the 4th day of the new year. *grins- a BIG one* hmm.. where should I start? I think I shall speak from the bottom-up.
WEDNESDAY
On the 3rd day of the new year, I went back to my dearest alma-mata….. NO. not Innova JC *scoff*. But instead, I went back to Tanglin Sec!! I miss the sch and the teachers and the CCA so much laa!! *jump jump* I wore a splendid (in my opinion lol) white dress and a bit of makeup there as I had intended to go for visiting after that (actually that’s just my excuse for wearing makeup. Hhaha).
I have not visited tanglin since march last year I think. I did not even attended the teacher’s day celeb! I felt ashamed, and I did not go back even during the end-of-yr hols’ last year. That may be fine to others but not for me. I am not my usual Kelly if I don’t come back regularly, considering how frequently I came back 2 years back. I saw mrs Koh, Mrs lee and I had a really good chat with them! And mrs koh said she couldn’t recognize me and kept saying that I look very different. I guess it’s not only that it’s been a long time since I’ve last seen them that makes them feel that I look different, but it’s also due to the fact that I had changed my hairstyle.
And of cus I have not forgotten that best teacher that I have ever had in my life so far- Mrs Olivia Jacob. I have not seen her face for an even much longer period of time; more than a year for when I come back, she is sometimes not around. Even though she only attends sch only on Monday; Wednesday and Thursday, her presence is certainly still felt in this sch as I can hear ppl mentioning her name. I was initially unable to find her. so I decided to head for her classroom! And I saw her teaching her sec 4 students bio! I slowly walked past her classroom door and stood at her front door with my head popped in but she was so absorbed in teaching her students that she did not realize that there is someone looking into her classroom for almost a minute. Then I decided to walk past her classroom again. She was talking talking talking and the moment she saw me through the classroom windows, she continued and say “Kelly can teach you this!” and she smiled brightly at me.
Well I am very glad and surprise that she only had to take one look at me, to know that it’s me! And she diddn’t had to pause to recall my name. =D and I noticed that I still have the magnet that I had given her at the end of my sec 2, stuck on her books closet. (: I had a short yet marvelous chat with her. she asked which course I intend to take in the Uni and when I said Biology, she was like so happy? Since she was my Biology teacher and I had once told her that she had inspired me to take a liking in the subject.. :) and lastly, I managed to get her mobile number! As I had lost my hp, my contacts also went missing. And mrs Jacob and Mrs Lee are 2 teachers whom most students do not have their hp number. So I was unable to obtain their number unless I am to ask them personally. So yippee!! I have MJ number once more. (:
Following that, I went to visit the band. And I am pleasantly surprise to realize that a lot of the band members still know me even though I graduated 3 years ago, and my sec 1 babies when I was a sec 4, are now sec 4! Wow. Isn’t it amazing how time flies? I am happy that most of them are now playing like sec 4s! phew. But my memory of the names of the band members are fading. :[ I always have difficulty remembering people name. but most of them still remember my name la. I am immensely touched; esp when some juniors scream my name at that sight of me. Hahaha.. I’m glad people don’t hate me from being too harsh when I am teaching at times.
My playing skills is deteriorating in the sense that I can no longer sight-read a new piece as fast, and so are my fingers. And naturally, my lips get tire out quicker and I am slightly breathless. Don’t you think I sound like I am listing the signs of an old person? Haha.. well, sectionals was alright. I taught a sec 1 how to play the clarinet. It is much more tedious attempt as compared to a usual sec 1. she tends to forget her embouchure when she plays, which makes her squeak a lot throughout the 15 minutes. Well you know what, she reminds me of myself except that she is a much braver Kelly. Cus if I start squeaking non-stop for abt 5 minutes, I will eventually be too frightened to play out a single note. Haha.. and somehow, I will always remember that Chen Guang was the first senior who taught me how to play the Clarinet personally. I am grateful.
In short, I enjoyed myself in Tanglin Sec tremendously due to the teachers and the wonderful company I have in the band. They will be having their SYF in April. And according to the white-board in the band room, they have only 15 more band practices to go before SYF. Personally, I think they have TIME. Yes they still have it! C’mon they have about 2 more months? But sadly….. why commit so little band practices???? I think somehow somewhere something is flawed. Why have band practice only on Monday, Wednesday and certain Saturdays? And u know when I came back on Wed, what’s their band duration? 3-6.15pm. I was aghast. If you have so little band practices days, shouldn’t each practice be of a longer duration? During my time, we also had 3 practices a week except that it’s from 1-6pm if possible, and we spend the entire Saturday on band. I’m still in a state of disbelief that they only have such little time.
TUESDAY
Second day of CNY. I visited my grandma house then as a family, we went to a very random place- Changi Airport! Hohoho. We just wanted to go there for the thrill of seeing the aeroplanes soar and land. Haha.. I think it is very cool to do it as a big family. (: following that, we ate at Sakae Sushi. I ate a tempura don set. My bro had a very cool meal. You can see it from the pics beneath.



WEDNESDAY
On the first day of CNY, my family visited my grandma’s place. Then as a family, we head down to vivo city. My dad took some pics of my bro and i

TUESDAY
Eve of CNY!! After the reunion dinner, my uncle and aunty, and my family head down to the ang-bao river –erm is that still the name of it?-. we took lots of beautiful scenery pics.
In short, my CNY week was an extremely memorable one this year- 2009. and it is my first time heading down to so many places as a family, together. –woots!-


Savour Every Moment