● $BlogItemTitle$> @ Monday, January 12, 2009 ●
Ok. I have totally nothing to do now. And the time now is 9.20am and it’s a Monday. Oh great. Kelly’s having Monday blues!! I think I will ask them for work soon. Haha.. I tot I had work to do… but then I ended up re-doing one report which I had already completed last fri…dotty. Anyw woke up at 7.5am today instead of the usual 6am.. so I ended up having to take taxi. I was a bit sian diao. But I didn’ feel much la. I guess I just felt that everything will turn out not as bad as I tot. this is my 2nd time taking a cab to work from boon lay. My first attempt cost me $17. however the driver today was a man in his 50s and he drove pretty fast and really know his way. Turns out that the trip cost me $10, with an extra $2 surcharge, probably due to the peak hours. But he simply asked for $10. I feel so grateful. Thank you uncle. And he was so friendly. When I first entered his taxi from th back, he turned his body 75 degrees to face me, and said a very loud and excited “GOOD morning!!”. Such drivers really make the day of customers. If only I know his name. I should vote for him if there’s the Most friendly and efficient cab driver. (: sigh.. if only he’s reading this. Haha..
SUNDAY, 11th Jan. 2009
My hp was stolen at abt 4pm yesterday, on the 11th Jan 2009 in Ang Mo Kio.. the theft was a deliberate attempt so no pardon should be given to him. And… I’ve no reported the theft to the police. I’m tired of going to the police stn again. Anyway in case u aren’ aware, my hp was stolen in woodlands lib in Aug 2008… and I ended up having to go to the police stn on my bIrThDAY. Bleah. but at least ming ming was with me. So i fel much better. lalala..
So yesterday was the 2nd time I’m cancelling my mobile line, and requesting for a new sim card with no change in my number. However as this is my 2nd attempt, they are charging me $18 for replacement. It’s understandable but nonetheless, I was still sian diao. I kept wondering what I had done wrong to attract theft.. but to be frank, I am very thankful that the person stole my hp and not my wallet as my wallet contained quite a number of cards including my IC, and I had only just withdraw some cash.. hmm… so I was relieved. But relief doesn’t guarantee happiness. so I was feeling kind of sian diao while I was making my way home..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The moment I switched on the light of my room, I was instantaneously excited and I gasped a quick draw of air. I saw 1 large shopping bag with clothes in it, and a Watson plastic bag with some bags! I knew the time that I’ve been looking forward to, for ages, has come!!! My beloved gu-gu (aunt) had given me the clothes which she had mentioned during the x’mas season! Well… so I had a busy time trying out her clothes! Apparently, I got 2 white collared button-down office blouse. One from ESPIRT and the other from UNITED COLORS OF BENETTON! The material and design is fantastic and what I love best is that it is very very fitting!! I find it very crucial that white coloured business blouse ought to be fitting to portray a smart image. So I absolutely love her tops.
Lastly, she also gave me an ESPIRIT blue-coloured collar, button down blouse, except that this looks more casual as it has 2 small breast pockets and I think it looks almost like a checkered design. This is larger in size but at least it’s long enough to tuck it in; and not half-past-six- meaning that it is not long enough to tuck in, and is too long to be left un-tucked.
She gave me a lot of recycling bags, and one real bag. Haha.. I don’t know what this brand is, but it is green in colour and I love the design and size of this bag. There is a layer of bright orange cloth at the top of the bag too. This is my first green bag. Ahaha…
I tried out all her clothes immediately after reaching home, which was slightly after 11pm. And then while wearing one of her shirt, I wrote down numbers which seems familiar to me since I had los my hp, and had to start recalling friends’ numbers. The first number that came to my mind was this set of number, which I had to belonged to mingy an. So I dialed it merrily. And to my surprise, a male voice answered and he sounded strangely familiar. I wanted to apologise and mutter ‘wrong number’, but my instinct stopped me. I think I must have sounded very weird. I say er er… cus I was absolutely clueless as to who I called. Then I said I’m Kelly and he was like “uh-huh…”, implying that he has my house number. So I asked him who he was and it tunred out that I had called Ngai Jia Ming.
I was stunned and deeply taken aback as to why I had tot of his number, and the embarrassing situation I was in. so we ended up chatting on the phone for abt 15 mins. I felt bad for calling him at that hour la. It was almost 12am…… so.. I felt even jovial than before!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 12am, I decided to shower before taking my dinner. Yes; dinner which is waiting for me on the table… after showering, my dad showed me something which made me jump in excitement. My dad had finally collected the pictures that my family had taken in a studio with my dad wearing his Ph.D gown and hat! I am glad to say that all of us look fabulous. I am so proud of him u know. And we took these pics in Aug last yr. and I clearly remb myself being rather disappointed with myself for not preparing for this big day. I was too immersed in my studies for A levels that I did not even consider what to wear on that day of photo-shoot, until that very morning when my dad woke me up. To prove that I was toally negligent on my appearance. I did not even put on a pair of ear-rings, bracelet or necklace. I did not even do anything to my hair; not even a clip.
So as it goes w/o saying, I went to take a $1000 once-in-a-life-time photo-shoot with my family, w/o a trace of make-up or lip balm. I only felt guilty at the end of the shoot when my dad had to pay $1000. However my situation is saved by the fact that the woman at the studio, had so kindly applied make-up on me. I think her make-up looks very natural on me, and it flatters my skin. That had certainly boosted my confidence on that day.
Enough of my flash-back. Allow me to continue my tale abt yesterday, the 11th Jan 2009. our pics look good! My bro looks very cute and my mum and dad looks good. As for myself, I look different but nice. Except that in some shots, my hair is kind of messy. Other than that, I am very contented with our pics.
It was only after viewing the pics that I had started eating my dinner. By then, it was 1am. When I had finally dropped myself onto bed that night-early morning, I heaved to myself and mutter “what a DAY”. Well this day- 11th Jan 09’, just seems so meaningful.
I believe that should a bad situation come to our way –e.g. losing ur hp-, we should take scenario as it is, and accept it for what it is, and see how a small misfortune can bring happiness in time to come. There is a limit to what we can do to a misfortune and it is thus pointless to start frowning away, grumbling away, and declaring that the day is not meant for u and that it sucks.
Doing such a thing or being in such an unpleasant mood does not make the situation any better. Instead, why not channel ur energy into something more worthwhile? Like making the day an even better one that what it is before, to compensate for the lousy part of the day? In this way, your days will always be beautiful. If the misfortune is a catastrophe, the best u can do for yourself and others around you, is to make ur weeks merrier that it is before the occurrence of event.
Anyw i was out with ying li for almost the entire today. I went to her house at AMK and we shopped and chat quite a lot. Tribute must also go to her for being always being there for me, and cheering me up. Thank you ji-dan. Keep rolling around. and ya I bought a dress from This Fashion. I think it looks v cute and innocent. I like it. (:
SATURDAY, 10th Jan. 2009
I settled a procrastinated task that day- the collection of passport. This is the first time I have my personal passport. I have not stepped out of the country for years. The last time I did so, was in pri. sch years. I am intent in going Malaysia either this coming weekend or next month.
Following that, I met up with my cousins, bro, dad and gu-gu for cousins’ outing. We ate at Yuki-Yaki, the Japanese buffet restaurant in Marina Square. The food is nice. But somehow seoul garden food seems tastier. Albeit that fact, Yuki-Yaki have a wider range of meat and they serve pork. The coolest part about this jap restaurant is that not only do they have hot plate, they also have cold plate. What’s a cold plate for? It’s to freeze the liquidified ice cream paste, to create ice-cream. So we simply have to pour the different flavourings into he plate, wait for it to harden up, and then dig it up to serve ice cream. They have many different flavourings. And since u are pouring ur own ice-cream, u can make ur own ice-cream shape. Sounds very cool, but it does not taste as nice as a normal ice-cream. I give this restaurant 3 stars. Good for ppl who are tired of the usual buffet food.
FRIDAY, 9th Jan. 2009
Work continues as per normal on this day, except that it ends slightly earlier as we are having our annual company dinner. It is held an imperial cruise. It was very fun being on board of the ship as it was swaying all about.. the buffet dinner on board was sumptuous. But the most enjoyable part of this night was the experience I had standing on the rear of the ship, savouring the sound and motion of the ocean waves, the smell of the ocean and the scenery. This is the first time I’m standing at the rear of a ship, being in the middle of the deep ocean. The ship brought us from Marina south to as far as Sentosa. We saw a Sentosa hotel and even see fireworks in marina!!! It was absolutely beautiful to witness fireworks in the middle of the ocean….. and lastly, I managed to chat very well with one colleague of mine. We chatted quite a fair bit on the way to Marina South to board the ship.
And I was forced to participate in a game whereby u will need to pass quail eggs from one person to another, with the use of spoons. And u need to use ur mouth to hold the spoon firmly on ur lips. I enjoyed myself very much in this game although I couldn’t pass eggs to the other guy’s spoon very well. And in case u hadn’t realized, this game is not as easy as our normal day-to-day game as we are on a moving boat! And we played this game on the 2nd level of the boat, which really caught us off balance. Haha..
I enjoyed this day a lot and as this was a fri, it was a really good start to my weekends, whose events I have already mentioned all abt in this long long long entry today.
----------------------------------------
Well well in case u’re wondering, ya. I have typed this entire entry today (12th jan) at work. 2 of my colleagues are absent today. One of which is my superior. So I have no report to update today. Friggin bored. I only filed some papers and tried to retrieve some documents… lalalala.. and I asked around if others need help, they say nohing. I feel bad for like wasting company time by typing this entry, but I have nothing else to do! I am only glad that I attended work today. Haha! anyway it’s 4pm le!!!!~ one and a half more hr to end of work. will publish this post jus before work ends later. Cus I’ve been typing incessantly in this word doc.. and my eyes are tired.
Savour Every Moment