● $BlogItemTitle$> @ Friday, January 09, 2009 ●
As I am so busy working and my house internet is down (as usual), I have decided to blog a little by little day after day in my workplace when I’ve the time! Shh.. so.. here are my entries that are typed on the various days. You can see which day I’m very free.. haha..
7th Jan 09’
Hello! Wow it feels like ages since I’ve last blogged! Well.. as usual, I’ve been busy working 5-days a week and since the company is in Tuas- jurong, there’s a company bus that will drop us off at a few possible places like choa chu kang, jurong point, Chinese garden and finally jurong east. So on most occasions, I meet my friend at jurong point or at IMM which is at jurong east. Or even rarer, I will meet my friend in town. But… most of my friends are back to sch since they are poly ppl.. and hai.. there’s still some ppl whom I have not met. Tan shin who is in NUS, kim yue and pearlyn. And most importantly, I’ve not met Samantha, Siow Ai and Arifah!! >.< I’ve been dragging my meeting date with them cus I was super broke after the 15th dec. I found myself so dumb. I refused to accept my salary in the middle of the month. Cus my company gives out salary on 15th or at the end of the month. So I decided to accept it at the end of dec, early jan. and it was only a day later that I realized that I need the cash to buy x’mas presents and to meet up my friends for x’mas celeb!! So I was in deep regret. And to date (7th jan), I’ve yet received my salary!
So I’ve been living in a frugal lifestyle for more than half of the month till I’m tired of waiting for the day I can get my salary, so that I can go shopping. I dread this day to come in the months to come. So I guess I better save up for rainy days!! Only problem is that my transportation cost is much more than I had expected. I still have not grown used to this adult bus fare charges that has incurred on me ever since the 1st jan 2009 since I’m officially no longer a student of IJC…. I calculated and I realized that I need about $50-60 a month on transportation. and almost $160 on basic allowance. So bleah. More than $200 gone gone; even before I start shopping or eating. so.. my strategy is not to make unnecessary trips to go out shopping just because I’ve the whim to do so. :P so that will cut down on tpt fair! I am also going to cut down onmy spending on junk food. Haha.. and I will try my best to minimize my shopping expenditure. (:
Talking about shopping. I calculated my own shopping expenditure in the month of Nov and Dec. to be precise, from the 20th Nov 08’ til 31st Dec 08’. i.e. my expenditure at the year-end immediately after my A’s. you know how much I spent on shopping???? excluding meals and tpt.. I spent a total of $497 within 41 days. Gosh. I feel damn guilty la. No wonder I feel weird recently not spending much. Cus I had spent an average of $100 a week, immediately after my exams. Super guilty. And I have already regretted buying 1 item le. I bought a black skirt that is too big for my hips. I tot a bigger skirt would be better since it would be less short. :/
Hmm.. now I’m starting to wonder how I can spend so much within the 41 days. Well I bought 3 pairs of shoes in total. 2 of which are TRACCE shoes. N yea. I simply adore TARCCE shoes now. Do check them out! They are simply comfy comfy and they are pretty. (: but those that are on sale are usually kind of ugly or so-so cus this company goes more for comfort sometimes I think. There is only one TRACCE boutique in Singapore! It’s in Suntec City level 1. near the MANGO outlet. (: TRACCE is affiliated to EVERBEST I think. Ya lor. And.. their merchandise are also available in John Lil and OG. But the shoes there are less nice. :/ so going to their boutique is definitly best. (: I splurged $60 on both shoes after a 20% offer. But I seriously think it is worth my money cus I bought 2 very simple colours- gray and beige. Yippie!!~ and the best of all, they’re flats. One of which is peep-toe. ;) and simple colours are always easy to blend.
9th Jan 09’
Woot! Today just feels like a fantastic day!! It’s a FRIDAY, and my company is holding their annual company dinner tonight!! I decided to attend for it since the dinner is held in a “cruise”. I think it’s just a boat and they wanna give it a fancy name. so anyway, I think I dressed up a bit too nice for the occasion? I didn’t want to dress formally. So I am now wearing a dark coffee coloured MNG knee-length pants with black flats, coupled with a white top that only has thick spaghetti stripes on top. To make myself less exposed during working hours, I wore a brown “half-jacket”. I think dressing wise maybe still OK. But I think I kind of attract unwanted attn in the company cus I wore make-up. I like my make-up a lot today. I think I finally found the perfect shade of blusher colour to put, since I’ve 4 different types of colour for blusher. This is not too bright n neither is it too dark. Lalala.. as for the eye make-up, okok la. I’m still experimenting. I also painted a baby-pink colour nail polish on my nails. But a lot of my colleagues put on make-up daily. So I guess there’s no harm putting on too right? I guess I’m overly concerned abt how conscious I may appear to be, with my looks.
N I am still totally stuck on how to look when ppl walking in the opposite direction look at me. Seriously looking at me. Esp if they’re guys, I will totally ignore the guy even if we chat a little. Cus I’m shy ma. But now i’m wondering, I if I ignore his presence totally, will it appear that I am snobbish? that’s one. I duno where to look. Secondly. When a guy whom I don’t really know smiles at me, I can’t bring myself to smile back at him!! I’ll automatically look away w/o smiling back. I think that’s so rude of me but it’s just part of my reflex action. :/ I really need to train myself to really look at the person, and smile back. Bleah. I must teach myself manners. I think I’m just too surprised when a guy smiles at me.
So.. how great. Working in this company will train me to confront my shyness towards males. Ha ha. But I’m seriously very shy. So i tend to tell myself this- “no guy should look at me”. But then again, it’s good if ppl look at u once in a while. so as the company dinner later will seriously be a good test for myself- Can Kelly smile at guys in return if she receives one? Hoho.. I’m scared. N one thing that I’ve just confirmed today. Most guys are a bit weird. When u dress nicer or esp when u put on makeup, they will treat u nicer. So u should know what to do when the public u are in the mercy of the public, when u do things like distributing flyers.. ;)
-----
Other than working, I’ve also been reading books on make-up, clothing style and colour combi of makeup and fashion. I think I’ve read abt 3 books on makeup, and I am glad to say that I understand it better. I had originally photocopied a few pages off the book for future references. However after a few attempts, I realized that most info are the same b/w books. So I have now started my own note-book on make-up! I’m having difficulty classifying my facts into the various chapts, but it’s definitely fun. Cus diff books have its own interesting tips. (:
And I don’t know if I should put moisturizer followed by primer and foundation, OR moisturizer/ primer, then foundation. One book insisted that we shouldn’t put both moisturizer and primer tghr as the make-up may slight. But the other book –Revlon- said it is good to put both for smoother coverage.. hmm.. it was from reading these books, that I saw the potential in loose powder. Several books mentioned that loose powder is good I ensuring that the make-up stays put. This was of a great concern to me as from my past experience, my make-up is always gone by the time I get home after 5 hours of shopping with friends.
So I bought my own Maybelline loose powder at John Little a week ago and it is fantastic! My makeup is still there even after I get home at almost 10pm! I can’t believe it la. I put on my make-up at 7.30AM in the morning, go off to work and meet my friend for dinner, and majority of makeup is still there. but some of the tribute also goes to me ok. It’s not easy to resist my temptation my face. I still touch them, but with much caution.. :/ I’ve decided to get a concealer and a white crayon eye-liner. I never had a concealer.. but one thing I find strange abt this object is that almost all my friends have a concealer; sometimes even before they own a lipstick or a blusher. I don’t know what to say. Cus lipstick and blusher are essentials; concealer is good to have but what’s the good of owning a concealer but not a blusher…? Well I guess different ppl do indeed have diff aims for putting on make-up.
Anyw I am super excited to return back to Tanglin! To see my sec sch teachers and my beloved CCA, the band. It’s been ages since I’ve last been back to tanglin. I did not return back during the dec holidays as promised, and I did not even come back to Teacher’s Day. Feel so guilty. I wonder if any teacher miss me. Haha.. and because I lost my hp in the month of july last yr, I lost all my contacts! Esp the teachers.. there was some disadvantage of knowing the numbers of teachers’ who are very secretive of their hp number. When I ask around if any one knew of Mrs michelle lee or Mrs Jacob’s number, no one knew. I was like so sad la. However I’ve met mrs lee on the streets twice. It’s either we’re fated or we are both shopaholics. I always catch her in a state with many shopping bags on her hand. Haha.. but till date, I do not know of mrs jacob’s number!! So sad la. Hai.. I guess I must ask her personally.. which is only possible if I return back to tanglin.. :/
Anyw here’s a short announcement for alumni of Tanglin… our alma mata will be holding its CCA open house this coming sat; 10th Jan. in the morning of cus. And as for the band, their preparation for the SYF in March will commence next week. It is held every sat from 8.30-12pm. Gee. I can’t wait to see them on sat. that’s when I’m free!! =D
I thought December was a busy month for me, but it seems like January will a more promising one than the month before. Tmr is a sat and I will be collecting my passport after endless of procrastination. Thereafter, I will meet my cousins and gugu at NUS guild house which is in Suntec City (weird huh) for lunch. We will be bowling after that I guess. On Sunday, I will visit Yingli’s house and we will bake cookies! I hope we don’t burn her house if we are lucky. (:
On the following week, I will be meeting my little chili for a swim in jurong swimming complex on Friday evening after work. during that weekends, there is a high likelihood that my dad is binging me to Malaysia. But it is unconfirmed.
On the following week, on the weekend before CNY, I’ll be meeting Yingli on fri to have dinner with her! She’s still deciding on where to eat. I feel so moved by the fact that siow ai also sms me as to when we will be having our dinner together. I’m also very excited to see her! Long time no see la. (: n since both of us are working, I wonder where we’ll be eating. haha..
This is to my beloved friends who are still jobless:
Don’t give up hope in finding a job yea? Opportunities will only come to those who keep faith and don’t give up. So hang in there!!!
Savour Every Moment